Theater ads have the super power of recall
Movie theaters are one of the final frontiers in terms of providing your brand an uncluttered environment in which to shine. Sitting comfortably in the dark where cellphones and talking are discouraged, your prospective customer’s attention is focused almost solely on the big screen and surround-sound delivery of your message. It’s an impactful sensory experience for which the viewer has paid, and it all combines for higher ad recall than most other forms of media.
Additional cinema advertising advantages are…
- The audience is a targeted demographic group of people living within a 10-mile radius of the theater and who tend to have disposable income.
- The environment lends itself to theme-related creativity like this dedicated theater spot we produced for East Texas Medical Center Emergency Care.
- It’s a great opportunity for movie and product tie-ins. Here Orville Redenbacher met Godzilla and the Nebraska Lottery joined with Green Lantern.
- Ads that weren’t originally developed for the theater environment, such as this spaghetti Western-style spoof for the Nebraska Lottery, are often as effective as those that were.
- Promotions can include special events like theater rentals and parties, as was the case with this OPPD tie-in.
- Ad frequency isn’t an issue. One viewing of a good ad is enough to make an impact due to viewer engagement.
Keep in mind that…
- Effectiveness of theater advertising is heightened when it’s part of an integrated marketing plan.
- Cost per thousand (CPM) is higher than some other mediums, but audience attention and retention can compensate for the price.
- SKAR has expertise in production of ads for all platforms including cinema, and our media buyers excel at finding the right media mix for your brand or product promotion. Contact us for a plan that’ll get rave reviews.