Smith Kroeger is a growing marketing communications company that’s always on the move while serving a wide range of industries. We accelerate our clients’ success and move their brands forward by thinking fast and working smart.
This is an opportunity to be a leader at a growing agency that serves a wide range of industries. With the incredibly talented team here, there are innovative marketing strategies and stellar creative work that is put together every day, making work rewarding not only for our clients, but also for you.
The person in this position is expected to be the strategist, planner, coordinator and executor of public relations and content initiatives and projects.
This will be a person who listens to clients to develop recommendations to help further their business goals via public relations and strategic content.
We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude, strategic and critical thinking skills, an inquisitive mind, integrity and initiative.
Job responsibilities and tasks would include:
- Leading public relations initiatives and serving as a resource to new and existing clients who are interested in exploring those options
- Contributing to and participating in proposals and pitches as it involves public relations and content strategy
- Proposing ideas to management about how to grow the agency’s PR practice and actively work toward that goal
- Coordinating and producing content for promotional purposes (owned, earned and paid) that could include web content, news releases, social media posts and profiles, white papers, blog posts, ghostwritten articles/thought leadership, etc.
- Providing content and news recommendations to clients in person and through other communication methods
- Staying up-to-date with industry news and editorial calendars relevant to clients who have PR or content work
- Planning public relations strategies and campaigns
- Researching and presenting new PR or content opportunities
- Analyzing and aggregating media coverage
- Researching competitor media coverage and content to further develop strategies
- Providing clients with updates and reports about how their earned and owned media is performing
- Writing, distributing and pitching press releases, thought leadership and other strategic news/content
- Creating, managing and using media outreach lists
- Handling press inquiries on behalf of clients
- Organizing and leading interview preparation for clients
- Organizing and attending promotional events such as press conferences, grand openings, exhibitions and tours
- Creating social and/or content plans and proposals
- Writing social and online content
- Being aware of and implementing SEO practices for web content when writing content
- Research, plan, coordinate and manage any influencer campaigns
- Creating agendas and timelines as needed for internal and client use
- Coordinating creative, digital or media support as needed among other team members
- Coordinating with account managers on deliverables, expectations and timelines
- Researching and recommending software, platforms or other tools that would contribute to the success of public relations and content strategy execution
- Interface and communicate with clients for assigned areas of work
- 2-20+ years of professional experience in a communications, news, PR, marketing or advertising role – role and salary will be based on experience
- Ability to professionally communicate (writing, in person, via phone, emails, reports/write-ups, across teams, presentations, etc.)
- Capability and aptitude to execute the responsibilities described for this position
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fast learner with initiative
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, PR, communications, business or related field (could be substituted with commensurate experience)
- PR experience including plans and pitching, professional experience managing or working with content marketing
- Bonus but not required: Social media experience, Photoshop/Canva ability, proposal/estimating/budgeting experience
- Unlimited vacation
- Health insurance 50% paid
- Dental insurance 50% paid
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fun Smith Kroeger-wide activities and events
- Compensation based on experience
The point of contact for this position is Sara Wilson, EVP of Client Services & PR (email@example.com).