Smith Kroeger is a growing marketing communications company that’s always on the move while serving a wide range of industries. We accelerate our clients’ success and move their brands forward by thinking fast and working smart.
This role will be critical to the continued growth of our website design and development and email management team. The individual will help shepherd website projects from concept to reality, so some design and coding experience will be important. Similarly, we work with a variety of email marketing platforms and this role will assist in the design and deployment of multi-step email marketing campaigns including newsletters and campaigns with both low and high levels of creative design.
We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude, strategic and critical thinking skills, an inquisitive mind, integrity, and just plain common sense.
Special consideration will be made for candidates who have proven web layout experience, project management capabilities, a portfolio of websites and emails that they have implemented and an understanding of the current state of search engine optimization.
- Ability to design and build pages within WordPress, and a high degree of comfort working with page templates and page builders, plugins and experience integrating 3rd-party software, pixels and tags
- Skilled at creating executable, functional web layouts and working with clients and creative directors internally to develop websites that adhere to client brand standards
- Able to recommend and incorporate best practices on user experience design for website layout for both desktop and mobile
- Experience converting designs into coded emails with an appropriate mix of text and images, designed to adapt to a variety of screen sizes, browsers and email clients
- Comfortable using MS Office and Google Suite applications, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads
- Ability to professionally communicate (via writing, in person, phone, emails,
reports/write-ups, cross-functionally, presentations, etc.)
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies and how they relate to website and email design
- Capability and aptitude to execute the responsibilities described for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, website design, PR, communications, business or related field, or commensurate marketing/business experience
- At least 3-5 years working with websites, emails, SEO projects and web analytics
Design and build WordPress websites primarily using Elementor page building tools. Working in tandem with Account Services, Creative Design and Copywriters and the Web Designer and Developer to develop and deploy marketing websites that adhere to brand guidelines.
Needs to be comfortable working in staging and live environments, constructing sites from a creative brief, editing and repurposing existing websites and managing and maintaining through updates.
Up to speed on modern email design and coding practices, including font management, text to image ratios, developing responsive emails for multiple screen sizes, and familiar with email development and deployment software including Active Demand and Mailchimp, and ideally MJML
Familiar with interpreting Google Analytics data, evaluating status of a website from an SEO perspective and making recommendations and implementing fixes to improve search ranking.
We are looking for a self-starter with good organizational and project management abilities, comfortable working on projects for a variety of industries, multitasking and prioritizing competing deadlines. We need someone who is both comfortable leading individual projects and working as part of a larger team and prepared to make timely updates on project status and where needed requests for assistance.
The role reports to the EVP of Digital Strategy and Operations.
Paid parental leave
Company paid long-term disability and life insurance
Fun company-wide activities and events
Compensation commensurate with experience
- Cover letter and/or introductory email
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards, empower an open and diverse workplace and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect.
Smith Kroeger provides an equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Smith Kroeger will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
A cover letter and resume may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential consideration.