When it comes to adding new members to our team, we look for people who work smart and think big. People who aren’t afraid to put their heads down and grind out killer work before kicking up their feet and raising a glass to a job well done. If that sounds like you and you’re looking for a career in marketing communications in Omaha, send us your resume. We’re always interested in energetic, talented people who knock our socks off.
Smith Kroeger is looking for someone smart. Someone who can think creatively. Someone who wants to do something interesting every day. But inside of all of those things are the biggest qualifiers we’re looking for – a problem solver and killer communicator. If this description sounds like your dream job, keep reading.
The person in this position is expected to be the main point of contact for clients: The one who listens to them in order to develop recommendations, plans, campaigns, estimates – anything they need to help solve their problems. And then you get to work with our creative, digital and media teams to make those things happen.
- 2-6 years of professional experience in an advertising or marketing position, preferably with client communication experience
- Public relations experience, including strategy and story pitching
- Ability to professionally communicate (writing, in person, via phone, emails, reports/write-ups, across teams, presentations, etc.)
- Expertise in marketing strategy and tactic implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, PR, communications, business or related field
- Bonus but not required: Professional experience managing or working with content marketing, integrated digital campaigns, CRM systems or campaign budgeting
- Cover letter or introductory email
- Manages assigned accounts as main point of contact, strengthening client relationships by serving as a key resource through regular communication and expertise
- Puts together marketing strategy recommendations and campaign plans
- Gathers and assembles background information to develop creative briefs and other project
- Creates agendas, campaign reports, proposals and other materials related to account service
- Makes sure all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines
- Reviews all agency work coming from the creative department before deliverables are sent out for assigned accounts; informs production manager if any adjustments are needed before submitting for client approval
- Communicates client feedback to production manager and creative team
- Supports account service department in effectively presenting, selling and defending all agency work/proposals to clients
- Coordinates the creation of media and public relations plans with those departments
- Regularly keeps department head up to date on account progress for all assigned clients, including estimated monthly billing
- Actively seeks to strategically grow assigned accounts in ways that are in-line with their goals
- Stays up to date on clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments
- Knows and stays up to date on evolving advertising and marketing tactics, including digital display, interactive, connected TV, print, events/sponsorships, digital marketing integrations, digital video, CRM/data, social media, traditional TV, radio, digital radio, trade show, collateral, outdoor, guerrilla, etc.
- Unlimited vacation
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Fun Smith Kroeger-wide activities and events
- Compensation based on experience
perks of working at Smith Kroeger
Free water, free parking, unlimited bathroom breaks … what more could you ask for? In all seriousness, we value the personal needs and professional goals of each of our employees. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package as well as various onsite amenities to show our commitment to your success.
long-term disability and life insurance
cafeteria flexible spending account
WE’RE ALWAYS INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM EXTREMELY TALENTED PEOPLE.
THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES? THEN SHOW US YOUR STUFF!